Epic Thai Non-noodle Noodle bowl!
In a departure from my usual peanut noodle bowl exploits, and inspired by my failed attempt at a cleanse last week, I sought peanutty (word?) deliciousness that wouldn't crush it in the calorie department. Enter the non-noodle noodle bowl / epic cleanse friendly salad!
For the "noodle" bowl:
- 4 small zucchini, shredded - I am on the hunt for a spiral slicer if anyone knows where to find one!
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- chopped green onions
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup almond butter - raw, creamy
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 small garlic glove, minced
- about 1/4 tsp ginger (or to taste, I like a lot) minced
- honey to taste
Whisk until smooth and toss it all together! Garnish with cilantro, unless you think it tastes like soap. Avocado makes a fantastic addition - chicken would prob be fab too :)